Sunday, February 15, 2009

Arlington Heights

Here is my route. Today's adventure was a jogging tour of Arlington Heights, IL. One block from my Palatine home is a gateway to Arlington Heights.




This local road passes under IL Rt. 53 Expressway, which is basically the border of the two villages. Notice the Red Tail Hawk?




Here's a close up.




Thirsty for some Lake Michigan water?




The downtown skyline. This Metra stop is 30 minutes from a Blue Line transfer and 40 minutes from downtown Chicago.




Dunton Towers are not the nicest but I'm sure these east facing balconies provide a splendid view of the Chicago skyline.




See the purple awning near the left? Arlington Heights offers woo for the true believer in the supernatural. On the right is one of the Avalon buildings. My family is considering moving here.




Arlington Park horse racing track and Metra station.




...and back to my Palatine home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a data analytics professional with a passion for data analytics, science and scientific skepticism.

This blog is about my adventures.